On my day off, I:
1) paid my bills and went to the bank;
2) did some UCD-related work;
3) went shopping - I found what will be my favorite store: El Super. It has all sorts of interesting foods, including fresh garbanzo beans (a first for me) and a dozen corn tortillas for 39 cents!
5) read Solaris by Stanislaw Lem - Science Fiction seems appropriate to read right now!
6) cooked a stew of buffalo, onions, poblano peppers, anaheim peppers, bell peppers, fresh garbanzo beans, zucchini, and spices including two types of dried chili.
7) cleaned house
8) failed to get my car smog checked - only a minor problem; all the places were too busy, and I had groceries in the trunk.
I spent most of the day in my apartment, which is charming.
|The "dining"room. The front door is down the stairs on the left. The kitchen is to the right.|
|My living room couch is a TV stand covered with a camping pad and a Pendleton blanket. The pillows provide the back. It is surprisingly confortable, and I've actually even fallen asleep on it once!|